I flew to Sudan on the Nairobi-Juba Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF)flight that will make stops as needed at airstrips along the route. Before touching down in Torit we dropped of an African Inland Church (AIC) pastor in Lohutuk. MAF does really incredible work in Africa and other mission fields throughout the world, making it possible for missionaries, aid workers and supplies to reach very remote areas. I arrived at about 1 pm this past Monday. Dennis, the Ugandan lay missionary met me at the airport and waited with my luggage while I went back to the bishop's house to get our vehicle. Right away I began to hear the familiar greetings of "Abuna" (Father) and Kawaja (white man) from the children who saw me on the streets.
 |
| Monday afternoon children's program at Mercy House. |
I was really pleased to see more than 100 boys and girls present for the Monday afternoon children's program at Mercy House. We planned things out before we left, and Dennis and the youth kept this program running while I was away. We showed a video about our Guardian Angela, and Dennis shared a story from the Bible.
 |
| The new facade of the Torit bakery, run by Orthodox Christians from Eritrea. |
Apparently while I was away, the municipal government decided that the colonial-era buildings on main street needed a face lift, so they required that the owners paint and re-roof them, so the Juba-Torit road is looking brighter these days!
 |
| The Arabic restaurant beside the Eritrean bakery, which also added bamboo siding. |
 |
| Two other freshly painted and newly re-roofed buildings on main street (above and below). |
To donate online, please CLICK HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment