I arrived in the US on Friday, August 7th and had the opportunity to preach on behalf of the Diocese of Torit at St. Michael's parish in downtown Newark, where I was very warmly received by Fr. Antonio, the Brazilian born Vocationist who is pastor of the parish, and Br. Harold a Vocationist brother who also serves there. I was very happy to be able to celebrate the three Spanish Masses and preach at all the others as well, sharing the experience and needs of the Church in South Sudan.
On Sunday, August 9th, I had the privilege of being the guest on EWTN's Sunday Night Live with Fr. Benedict Groeschel, and speaking about the situation of the people and the Church in South Sudan to the vast international audience that views the show. We received a number of phone calls (including one from Australia) on the air and a good amount of emails following the show.
The show is scheduled to be rebroadcast on Saturday, August 15 at 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, and an audio recording of the program can be heard by clicking here and then by clicking on the Listen Now option for the August 9th program entitled "The Mission in Sudan" (the programs are listed in reverse chronological order starting with the most recent one).
This coming weekend I am planning to travel to Erie, Pennsylvania to visit the Sudanese community there, and the following weekend I will again be preaching on behalf of the Diocese of Torit at St. Elizabeth's Parish in Linden, NJ.
1 comment:
Fr. Brock,
I am a regular EWTN viewer, and especailly fond of Sunday Night Live with Fr. Benedict Groeschel. I saw your interview on the encore broadcast Saturday August 15th. I was deeply moved by the plight of The Church in Sudan. I agree that all the members of Christ's mystical body, ie the Church share a common bond with our brothers and sisters in Christ in all parts of the world. We also share in a common responsibility to support those members who are in greater need than us. Prayer is our strongest tool in strengthening our fellow Christians. I also believe, however that it is imperative that we be generous in our outpouring of financial support as well.
Post a Comment