Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wide Angle Shots of the House of Mercy

The chapel with the newly added bamboo ceiling.

Here are some wide-angle photos of the chapel and the property of the House of Mercy, courtesy of Ulrike Fell, a German woman who served as a consultant during this past year for the Peace and Justice department of the Diocese of Torit. Thanks, Ulrike!

The mango tree between the chapel (left) and the residence (right).

The rear of the residence complete with laundry, date palm and car park.
To donate online, please CLICK HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Fr. Herald,

As you know, it’s Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and
Thanksgiving is not only about having a feast, it is a time to express our gratitude for all the kindness shown by friends and family, and yes, even strangers. You are not a stranger to me, to my family or my country of South South. At this festive season, I would like to thank you for everything you have done to my people of the Sudan, specially the diocese of Torit. Words could not express my gratitude. I would also like you to pass my heart warm thanks to your colleagues and others who contributed in the development of Torit Diocese.

God Bless and happy holiday,

PS: My family in Erie, PA has sent you their greetings.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tio Harry,
I wanted to say that the bamboo ceiling in the new chapel looks beautiful! I am glad to see that the House of Mercy was able to be finished and I hope you are healthy and safe.
We miss you
Ana hibu le ita