Saturday, October 18, 2008

World Mission Sunday: Holy Childhood Mass in Torit

The Diocese of Torit has a large number of children who participate in Holy Childhood Association activities. So, Fr. Auxilio, the Holy Childhood coordinator, decided to celebrate a Mass especially for these children today, Saturday, the day before the entire Church celebrates World Mission Sunday, which is tomorrow, October 19th. I thought it would be an appropriate way to mark World Mission Sunday by sharing some of the photos from the celebration today with you. Most of them are from the sacristy before Mass, and are of the altar servers and priests. I see the altar servers coming in and out of the sacristy almost every day when I make my Holy Hour there, as well as on Sunday when I go into town for Mass, so it was nice to get some photos of them.

I started taking photos in color, but when I realized that the natural lighting provided some strong contrasts, I decided to try a few in black and white.





























What follows are some photos from the Mass itself, at which Fr. Auxilio was the main celebrant and homilist, and then a few of people whom I met just outside of church after Mass.











The ladies below asked to have their photo taken, as did the girls who follow. The last one, though, was too small to ask, but too cute to pass by, so I took one of her, too.





No comments: