I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to all who prayed for, encouraged and supported the mission trip in any way. We felt your love and solidarity - every bit of which was needed - and remembered you in prayer throughout the team's time here. We could not have done this without your help.
Last Sunday on Corpus Christi evening, 15 local youth trudged through the mud after a heavy downpour for a time of Eucharistic Adoration and Scripture reflection; I was really inspired by their desire to continue and deepen what they experienced on the Bread of Life Retreat in Ikotos. And the people of Torit Town continue to talk about the evangelization events that took place here the first week of June. When I was walking through the market yesterday, some of the merchants said to me: "Preach to us, pastor. We need it!" Two ongoing effects of the team's visit.
In the meantime, work on Mercy House continues. The perimter wall is now complete, and the residence in the rear of the property is completely closed off. Work on the roof will begin soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment