Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Our Lady of the Assumption Parish Picnic
On Saturday, June 20, Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Torit Town hosted a picnic for all of the children and youth who recently received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Holy Communion and Confirmation. I wondered why I saw a bull in the bishop's compound the night before, until I arrived at the picnic and realized that beef was on the menu! It doesn't get much fresher than that. Most of the children who participate in the Holy Childhood Association's activities, along with the bishop, the vicar general, the pastor, other clergy, the choir and many adult parishioners hiked out to the mango grove along the river on the diocese's property behind the ruins of the cathedral. It is a beautiful spot and it was a beautiful day. Of course before the feasting began there was a program of offical activities, which included songs, speeches and even a play. My vote for best dressed for the occasion is the little girl in pink in the last photo.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment