Sorry I haven't done much posting the last two weeks. I was with our friars in England for the Paschal Triduum, and joined them and the friars from Ireland the following week for a community retreat in Wales. This was part of the arrangement we worked our for spiritual support in a special assignment where I will be away from the community most of the time. It was a good visit and a prayerful, restful retreat. I spent a few days in Nairobi on my way back to take care of a few things there, and arrived again in Torit last Monday evening. Since I've been back I've been catching up and finalizing plans and preparations for the visit of 4 friars and 3 lay missionaries who arrive on May 19th. While everything is falling into place, I do ask for your prayers. There are a lot of "uncontrollable variables" here that can only be commended to God in prayer. Please also pray that a vehicle that is en route to delivery arrive on time for the visit.
Below are some photos of the visit to England.
The Washing of the Feet at the Mass of the Lord's Supper on Holy Thursday evening at St. Pio Friary:

The Way of the Cross on Good Friday morning through the streets of Bradford:

Easter Sunday afternoon "Benediction of Bradford" from the friary roof; in the background two of the four mosques visible from the roof can be seen in what was once an overwhelmingly Christian city:

The Capuchin retreat house in Pantasaph, Wales:

A fraternal excursion to a Welsh beach at the end of the retreat before splitting up and returning to our respective friaries:
No comments:
Post a Comment