| These are just some of the vestments and clerical clothes donated by friends in the US and brought by the recent mission team. |
Today, the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, officially marks the end of the Year for Priests that began on this same liturgical feast a year ago. I wanted to take this opportunity to share with all of you what the generosity of our friends has enabled us to provide for the priests of Sudan: a large number of vestments, clerical shirts, albs, altar linens, servers' cassocks, chalices, monstrances, ciboria, pyxes, censors and Mass kits. Most of the items were brought by the visiting mission team that just left. Some (most of the monstrances and all three Mass kits) were purchased in Nairobi with donations given for that purpose.
As a priest I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of those who collaborated on this project. It is an eloquent gesture of encouragement to my brother priests here who serve under such challenging conditions. I know they will be grateful for what you have given.
I would also like to send special greetings to my home parish, Sacred Heart of Jesus, in St. Marys, PA, on the occasion of its patronal feast, and to express my thanks for all the support and encouragement the parish and parishioners have extended to me here. I pray that a river of blessings would overflow from the Heart of Jesus upon all of you!
To donate online, please CLICK HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment