Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sneak Peek at Mercy House

The residence of Mercy House from the rear.

While I'm waiting here in Nairobi for the rest of the team members to arrive, and scrambling to get them onto flights to the Sudan border as they trickle in, I thought I'd share with you some photos of Mercy House taken a week ago, just before beginning the trek east to Isohe and Narus.

Mercy House residence and chapel from the side street.

Some of you noticed I haven't posted much about Mercy House in the last few months. We experienced difficulties at the border importing some of the necessary building materials. A little later the one-two punch of the campaign/election and Easter holidays slowed progress again.

Entrance to the chapel.

However, in the last month there has been an explosion of activity at Mercy House. The residence is nearly fully restored and the chapel well underway. Our hope is to be able to repose the Blessed Sacrament in the Divine Mercy chapel for the first time during Corpus Christi weekend (June 4-6), to coincide with the evangelization activities of the visiting mission team. The contractor tells me it's possible.

Interior of the chapel. "X" marks the spot where the Blessed Sacrament will be reserved.

Please pray that the Holy Spirit will speed the work on the Mercy House chapel to be ready for the Lord Jesus to take up His residence there in two weeks.

To donate online, please CLICK HERE.

No comments: